At Cannock Chase High School our students are always at the centre of what we do. As our school vision states, we have a relentless focus on the highest standards of academic achievement, personal development and equality of opportunity. To enable this vision to be a reality for our students, we offer a curriculum that:
- Is broad and balanced offering a wide range of appropriate and challenging courses to suit the needs of our students;
- Provides enjoyment, boosts self-esteem and raises aspirations;
- Equips our students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to achieve as highly as possible throughout their school life and beyond;
- Allows our student to make successful transition and progression from the primary phase particularly in the core areas of English and maths;
- Enables students to develop into responsible members of society by offering a structured programme of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education, including Sex and Relationship (SRE) education and careers guidance;
- Promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and British values;
- Encompasses the acquisition of personal, learning and thinking skills;
- Provides staffing and material resources in a safe, secure and well-ordered environment so that learning and teaching can be enjoyed and is of the highest quality;
- Emphasises the importance of literacy and numeracy, both through discrete lessons and across the curriculum;
- Offers a range of enriching extra-curricular activities, both creative and physical;
- To provide an ethos in which everyone is equally valued, has equality of opportunity and can develop transferable skills and a commitment to lifelong learning.
In short, our curriculum is how the aims, values and ethos of the school are met. This includes all lessons, extra-curricular activities and experiences that as a school are planned and delivered to students to promote their academic, emotional, physical, social, moral and spiritual development.
For our full curriculum statement, please follow the link to our School Policies and Reports page under 'About Us'.